Cannabis use is legal in Colombia for medical purposes and enjoys widespread acceptance from the presidential suite to state and local levels of government. The central government is highly supportive of licensed medical professionals conducting original research under strict, pre-approved licensing regimes. Compared to North America, costs are far lower in Colombia for product development targeting specific market verticals.
Colombia enjoys rich biodiversity including many local strains (Colombian landraces)
● Widespread social acceptance of medical cannabis
● Geographic strategic location as a gateway between the Americas
● Low THC medications will be available over the counter
● Eastern Antioquia is one of the best places to grow medical cannabis
● Hub of Colombia’s cut flower industry
Colombia has 44% of the world quota for medical cannabis
● World leading agronomic production country
● Long experience in the cultivation of cannabis
● Business friendly legal framework that allows scientific and medical research
● Year round sunshine with 12 hours of sunlight ideal for organic cannabis cultivations.
Colombia is uniquely positioned to dominate the Global Cannabis Cultivation Market. It is one of the world’s largest flower exporters, providing more than 75% of all cut flowers sold in the USA. Cannabis use is legal in Colombia for medical purposes, and enjoys widespread acceptance from the presidential suite to the state and local levels of government.
The government has legalized Cannabis for medicinal purposes. The country has a diversity of thermal zones where cannabis can be grown all year with multiple crops harvested annually. It is possible to obtain high quality secondary metabolites of Cannabis with sustainable agricultural practices at the lowest cost in the world.